This post coming at you from Japan! こんにちは！I’m spending November traveling with friends in addition to all of our Mighty Pens + NaNoWriMo adventures, so if you’re ever confused at some of my odd response times–that’s why.
And HOLY COW GUYS. We are off to an amazing start!
Mighty Pens: Day 2
- Nearly $1500 raised! According to NaNo, that means that we’ve provided enough funding for them to support 750 authors!! Just two days in and we’re already 10% of the way to our goal. This is amaaaazing. (Participants: be sure you’re updating the spreadsheet with those fundraising totals. It’ll need to be updated before you can claim your prizes.)
- 66,000 words! If you haven’t been participating in our sprints, join us! We’ve tried to schedule ones for all time zones, and just today Asteria, @SNAGonzalez, led almost four hours of sprints 0_0 She is badass. Keep your eye on #TheMightyPens on twitter, although we’ll also be having some sprints on YouTube as well!
- 180 participants. The Mighty Pens has gotten HUGE this year, and I’m already so excited to be part of the team with you guys. If you’ve been connected with a mentor, be sure to contact them for fun, shenanigans, and any questions you have. (Unfortunately, we can no longer assign new mentors to any participants who signed up after November 1.) Follow #TheMightyPens for support and hilarity. WE ARE SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU <3
- Remember that you can claim your writing prizes at any time! Just be sure to keep the spreadsheet updated so that our super awesome Admin Wizard, Suzanne, can verify your word count <3
- Our first fundraising prize gate will open on November 10 and be open for 48 hours for you to claim your prizes. Fundraise like crazy to be eligible! Remember, we have five tiers available for prizes–$50, $100, $250, $500, and $1000. You can claim one prize from any tier that you’ve reached. If you ever have questions, ask your mentor, or hit us up on twitter!
- Speaking of which, we are sorely in need of more prizes. If you’re an industry expert (agent, editor, author), if you have any special skills (artist, historian, any specific knowledge), if you’re a bookseller or small business owner, please consider donating a prize to encourage our fundraisers. There is nothing too big or too small. Thank you!
SO SO SO EXCITED for this fam. It’s gonna be an awesome November. Keep writing and keep us updated on your progress. I love reading about everyone’s adventures. Y’all are the best.